Ritesh Kumar,(born 01 January 1979, Patna, Bihar) is the first commissioner of cricket's Bihar Premier League (BPL) which was rated as one of the biggest innovation in Bihar this century. Best known for his stint as the Commissioner of the Bihar Premier League and the Chief Editor of the SandhyaLeaks Magazine
Ritesh Kumar joined Baldev High School at Danapur, in 1989. Kumar is noted to have been a brilliant planning and used to implement, including Education sector. He studied at Magdh University in Bodh Gaya, between 1996 and 1999.
Kumar is the Director of Snws (India) Pvt.Ltd, since 2009 an educational Nish Franchise created and run. Kumar has been the Team Head of jharkhandbihar.com. since 2012, one of Bihar's largest e-portal. The company is jointly promoted by the Indo Fast Digital Media. Kumar started a joint venture with S S Foundation in 2013, called Leadership Award, to represent a prestigious mark of success that leadership aspires to attain in Bihar. On 24 January 2010 The Bihar Premier League announced the new owners of sixteen franchises team. In October 2010, World Phone the sponsorship for one years, which commenced in April 2010
Awards and recognitions
• In January 2010, Ritesh Kumar was bestowed the 'Outstanding Contribution Award' at the 2010 Bihar Bibhuhuti Ratan Award.
• On 2009, Ritesh Kumar as the Editor of Sandhya Prahari evening edition in Patna.
• In August 2011, Vivran Times described the BPL as ‘the Bihar's hottest sports league’ – a remarkable accolade a year after the BPL’s launch.
• On 10 August 2010, Ritesh Kumar was given the ‘Teacher's Achievement of the Year’ award by Nai Disha Priwar.
• On 6 October 2013, Ritesh Kumar was named ‘The Most Innovative Social Leader in Bihar’ by Aryan T V.